Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Very Best Brownies And Variations


This is a picture of my Mocha Chocolate Chip Brownie variation. I just combined the two.

These brownies require no more work than using a box mix and the flavor is better and you can customize them any way you like. I've given many recipe variations below from the basic brownie recipe. Save some money and make them from scratch from common household ingredients. You'll never want the box stuff again! These are super-easy and economical.

Very Best Brownies

1/2 c. vegetable oil (1 cup)
1 c. sugar (2 cups)
1 tsp. Vanilla (2 tsp.)
2 eggs (4 eggs)
1/2 c. unsifted all-purpose flour (1 cup)
1/3 c. cocoa powder (2/3 cup)
1/4 tsp. Baking powder (1/2 tsp.)
1/4 tsp. Salt (1/2 tsp.)
1/2 c. chopped nuts, optional (1 cup)

Blend oil, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; beat well using spoon. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in nuts if desired. Spread into a greased 9 in. square pan. Bake at 350* for 20 to 25 min. or until brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Cool in pan. Cut into squares.

To double recipe: Use amounts in parentheses. Spread into a greased 13 X 9 in. pan. Bake at 350 deg. for 30-35 min. or until brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Keep an eye on it because oven cooking times will differ.

Turtle brownies

Make brownies as above, but when cooled drizzle melted caramel and chocolate on top and sprinkle on chopped pecans.

Praline-Iced Brownies

Use double recipe above.
5 tbs. butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbs. vanilla extract
2 tbs. water
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped

Make the double recipe of the brownies above and cool. In 2 quart saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium-low heat until mixture has melted and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. With wire whisk, beat in vanilla extract and water; stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. With small metal spatula, spread topping over room-temperature brownies; sprinkle with chopped pecans.

Cream Cheese Brownies

Use double recipe above.
4 oz. room-temperature cream cheese
2 tbs. room temperature butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tbs. all-purpose flour

Before transferring the batter to the pan, prepare cream cheese mixture. Mix the cream cheese with butter. Whisk in sugar, egg, and flour. Alternately spoon chocolate batter and cream cheese mixture into pan; with the tip of a paring knife, swirl to marble. Bake as directed above.

Chocolate Chip Brownies

Use single brownie recipe and add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into batter instead of nuts or 1 cup of chocolate chips for double recipe. Bake as recipe directs.

Mocha Brownies

For single recipe of brownies above, add 2 tsp. instant espresso powder of instant coffee granules to oil, sugar, and vanilla mixture (Use 4 tsp. for double recipe). Make sure it's well blended. Continue recipe as directed.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Amy Evans said...

I have made the brownies several times, and my kids have enjoyed them!

The Beshores said...

I'm so glad you and your kids like them. It's on our weekly menu now for Tuesday dessert. I just made the cream cheese variation last night. It was soooo good!