Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lentil Oat Loaf

This recipe is one I made by combining elements of a few different recipes together. I wanted something that was economical and yet tasty to make. Most lentil loaves have a lot of expensive ingredients in them or they're really lacking in the flavor department and dry as well. It's not a substitute for a meatloaf, but it is a nice healthy, cheap meal that you can easily double. I'll add a picture after I make it next.

Lentil Oat Loaf

SERVES 6 , 1 loaf

Ingredients

1 ½ cups dried lentils
3 ½ cups of water
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup rolled oat (quick or large flake)
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s Vidalia Onion BBQ sauce best.)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Could use less if you find it too salty….I like salt.)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

1) Cook lentils in water until tender. Slightly mash.
2) Mix lentils, onion, oats, and cheese in a large bowl and mix well.
3) Add the beaten egg and mix well.
4) Add sauce, garlic, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
5) Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour/scrape the lentil mixture into it. Even out the top surface with a spatula or fork and top with more barbecue sauce.
6) Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes at 375 deg. F.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: