Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Friday, July 11, 2008

Easy Tiramisu



Tiramisu has always been one of my favorite desserts, but I would only get it on occasion when we would go out to eat at Olive Garden. It would cost like $4 for a small piece and it never seemed to be enough to share. I love the stuff! Then, I found this recipe and I've never bought tiramisu again. This doesn't require expensive mascarpone cheese and I think it tastes even better than the tiramisu I've had at Olive Garden and Publix. Save this recipe to wow your friends and family and treat them with something special.

Easy Tiramisu

3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
3 tbs. boiling water
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 (3 ounce) packages soft ladyfingers
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting

Cooking Directions
1) In a medium bowl, mix espresso powder with boiling water until dissolved. Add cold water; set aside.

2) With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.

3) Spread a few tablespoons of cream-cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. Separate ladyfingers. One by one, dip a third of ladyfingers in espresso, then arrange in bottom of dish. (The ladyfingers soaked up the liquid way too fast and I ran out several times. To remedy this, the next time I made it, I just put 1/3 of the lady fingers on a plate and drizzled 1/3 of the espresso on top.) Spread with a third of cream-cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso, and cream-cheese mixture (can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day).

4) Dust with cocoa just before serving.
Yield: 6 servings

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Latte said...

Ohh these are soo up my alley! Thanks for taking the time to post these. Oh and have you ever posted these on www.allrecipes.com That is where I get 90% of my recipes. I love tried and true!

Latte