Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

House Seasoning - The best!



This seasoning was originally made because it is called for in a Short Ribs recipe I have by Paula Deen. She has such good food! Well, we liked the seasoning so much that we started using it with everything. I have used it to roast a turkey in the oven with olive oil. I use it to season chicken, beef, pork, and just about anything. If a recipe calls for salt and pepper to taste, then I add this instead. I make up a batch of this and store it in a Lawry's Garlic Salt container because it's big enough with a shaker top on it.

House Seasoning

1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

You could easily half or quarter this recipe if it was too much for you, but we always use a full recipe fast enough.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: