Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Favorite Salisbury Steak



This recipe has become a favorite in our house, especially with my husband. I make it with homemade mashed potatoes. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy! I use ground chuck instead and it makes such a moist and tender salisbury steak and I use fresh mushrooms as well which makes for a much better flavor. These are so yummy!

Favorite Salisbury Steak

Serves 6

Patties

1 lb extra-lean ground beef (I use ground chuck)
1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 egg white
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
(I just eyeballed the salt and pepper and added garlic powder to taste as well.)

Gravy

3/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth (I used beef broth and bouillon cubes to save money and it tastes better to me without the wine flavor.)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves (I used dried italian seasonings)
1 (2.5 oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
(Instead, I sauteed 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms until browned for better flavor.)

1) In medium bowl, combine all patty ingredients; mix gently. Mixture will be moist. Shape into 6 oval patties, about 3/4 inch thick.

2)Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove patties from skillet; drain, if necessary.

3) In small bowl, combine broth, wine, cornstarch and thyme; blend well. Pour into same skillet. Cook over low heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in mushrooms. Return patties to skillet. Cover; simmer about 15 minutes or until patties are no longer pink in center.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: