Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies and Pan Variation



Save yourself a bunch of money and don't buy the prepackaged dough. It costs a fortune and you get a fraction of the cookies. Besides, what a fun way to spend with the kids while making a fresh batch of chocolate chips cookies. The best part is the dough! Oh, I know it's really bad, but I like to freeze the dough and eat it frozen. You can also take the dough, freeze it, break it into chunks and mix it in vanilla ice cream and voila, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Icecream. It tastes so much better than the pre-made cookie dough icecream and you can control how big of dough pieces you get. So yummy!

Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

1) COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE in preheated 375-degree F. oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies (We make bigger cookies and cook them a little longer.)



PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Prepare dough as above. Spread into greased 15 x 10 jelly-roll pan. (I use a lasagna pan.) Bake in preheated 375-degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.

Makes about 4 dozen bars. (Mine doesn't go as far because we like BIG bars!)

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: