Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sweet Dinner Rolls



These rolls turned out perfectly the first time I made them. They're slightly sweet and puff up real big. They have a moist, tender, and light texture. They'd be great for Thanksgiving!

Sweet Dinner Rolls

"Bread Machine Version"
Makes 24 rolls

1 1/2 cups water (110 deg. F.)
1 egg, room temperature
2 tbs. honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbs. melted butter
1 tsp. salt
5 cups flour
5 tbs. white sugar
2 tbs. dry milk powder
5 tsp. wheat gluten
2 tsp. active dry yeast

1) Select dough cycle. If dough is too sticky, add more flour as it mixes.

2) When the dough cycle is complete, turn the risen dough out on a lightly floured surface and divide into 24 equal pieces.


I used a plastic pizza cutter/dough cutter to cut these. It worked great.

3) Form the pieces into rounds and place in greased 13 X 9 pan. Turn oven to 150 deg. for one minute and turn off. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in volume on oven. (This took 50 minutes for me.) Take off plastic wrap.


To get nice round tops, tuck in dough underneath to leave a smooth, round top.

4) Bake in 350 deg. oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com/

No comments: