Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Brownie Pudding Cake - (Molten Chocolate Lava Cake)



I just made this recipe (a double batch) last night when a friend from church came over for dinner. It was a big hit. I love how it's not too rich or chocolatey, but has a bittersweet taste. It's even more bittersweet if you add the instant coffee. I think the ones in the restaurants are very pricey and are overkill on the chocolate, but this is just right and doesn't break the budget at all. When you're making this recipe, you have a few different layers, but when it cooks, it separates into a brownie/cake top with a pool of chocolate at the bottom. Wow your guests with this one!

Brownie Pudding Cake

2 tsp. instant coffee powder (optional)
2 tbs. plus 1 3/4 cups boiling water
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (you could also try Hershey's Dark cocoa)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
4 tbs. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1) Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. In cup, dissolve coffee powder in 2 tbs. boiling water, if using.

2) In bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. In 2 cup measuring cup, combine milk, melted butter, vanilla, and coffee, if using. With wooden spoon, stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just blended. Pour into ungreased 8 in. square baking dish.

3) In small bowl, thoroughly combine brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle evenly over batter. Carefully pour remaining 1 3/4 cup boiling water evenly over mixture in baking dish; do not stir.

4) Bake 30 minutes (batter will separate into cake and pudding layers). Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if you like. Makes 8 servings.



If you double the recipe, make in a 13 X 9 in. baking dish and cook approximately the same amount of time.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com/

No comments: