Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Friday, August 1, 2008

Lentil and Spinach Puffs



These are a very yummy and healthy treat. You could serve them as an appetizer with a dipping sauce for a party or have as a side dish with your meal. They're a great finger food and cheap to make. I like to double this recipe.

Lentil and Spinach Puffs

3/4 cup dried lentils
3 tbs. water
2 tbs. chopped onion

16 oz. frozen spinach thawed, and squeezed dry
3/4 tsp. salt
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp. flour
1/8 tsp. baking powder

peanut or vegetable oil

1) Sort and wash lentils; place in a bowl. Cover with water to 2 inches above lentils. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

2) Drain lentils well. Place lentils, water, and onions in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally. Combine the pureed lentil mixture and remaining ingredients (excluding oil) and mix well.

3) Heat oil (as much as needed to coat bottom of pan) in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop lentil mixture by heaping tablespoons into pan. Flatten slightly with bottom of spatula. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned and heated through. Remove from pan. Cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining lentil mixture.



Here's my 2 1/2 year old son Camden helping me stir the mixture. He loves to cook!



This is them cooking in the pan. Make sure you add more oil as necessary and adjust the temperature if needed so they don't burn.



I just had this for my main course for dinner tonight. I liked them that much! I drizzled(or rather slathered them) with my Homemade Russian Dressing and sprinkled them with Lawry's Garlic Salt. Yumm-o!

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: