Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Monday, August 4, 2008

Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits



These biscuits are a souped-up version of my regular Drop Biscuits. These taste just like the biscuits they serve at Red Lobster while you're waiting for your meal and they're really quick and easy to make. Now, I don't need to go to Red Lobster just to get these great biscuits. I make a double batch and keep them on hand to go with dinner at a moment's notice. These are my absolute favorite!

Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Garlic Butter:
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. dried parsley flakes

1) In mixing bowl thoroughly stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to evenly distribute the leavening (baking powder) and salt.

2) Cut shortening into flour mixture till mixture resembles course crumbs. Be sure to use solid shortening instead of cooking oil or melted butter. Don't mix by hand, but use a pastry blender or forks and knives.

3) After cutting in the shortening, the mixture should resemble coarse crumbs. Avoid blending the fat completely with the flour or using a liquid shortening. These produce mealy biscuits rather than the flaky, tender ones which are more desirable.

4) Gently push the flour-shortening mixture against the edges of the bowl, making a well in the center. Add the milk all at once, pouring it into the well.

5) Using a fork, stir the mixture quickly. Stir just till the dough follows the fork around the bowl and forms a soft dough. Too much mixing may result in biscuits that are tough and not as light as desired. Gently mix in the cheese.

6) Using a knife or a narrow spatula, push the dough from a tablespoon onto greased baking sheets to make 12 biscuits.

7) Bake biscuits in 450 deg. F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Serve immediately.

8) While the biscuits are baking, make the garlic butter. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, salt, and parsley flakes. As soon as you bring the biscuits from the oven, brush them with the garlic butter using a pastry brush. Serve while hot. Enjoy!

Makes 12 biscuits.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: