Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Monday, August 4, 2008

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



These cookies are a version of my Mom's Christmas Box Peanut Butter cookies I used to make with my Mom a lot when I was a kid. We made them without the chocolate chips and made the traditional criss-cross pattern on the top with the tines of a fork. My husband is a huge fan of peanut butter with chocolate, so I decided to make this treat a little more interesting with the addition of chocolate chips. I like these cookies even better now!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup chocolate chips

1) In a large bowl, mix shortening, butter, and sugars with electric mixer on medium until blended. Then add eggs and mix on low until blended well.

2) In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to other ingredients in large bowl and mix by hand until combined well. Then mix in chocolate chips. Cover and chill. (I didn't need to do this because my dough held together really well.)

3) Heat oven to 375 deg. F. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2-3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Press to flatten to about 2 inches wide with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a measuring cup.



4) Bake 7-9 minutes or until set but not hard. Cookies firm up and brown more once out of the oven, so take them out earlier than you think you need to.

Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

To make regular peanut butter cookies, omit chocolate chips, and use a fork dipped in flour and flatten the dough balls to 2 inches wide. Bake the same. You could also try rolling the dough balls in coarse or turbinado sugar to cookies before flattening with a fork. I haven't tried that with this recipe, but I did do it with a pecan ball recipe and it made the cookies really yummy and they had a nice sweet crunch on the edges.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: