Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Peanut Butter And Jelly Popsicles And Variations


Try swirling the jelly a little more than I did for better results.

What's better than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Why, peanut butter and jelly popsicles of course. These didn't sound really good to me at first, but I gave it a try because it was different and used ingredients I always have on hand. These are so yummy. My kids are always asking for one for a snack and I love them too! Plus, they have lots of good-for-you protein too.

Peanut Butter And Jelly Popsicles

1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups plain low-fat yogurt (I used vanilla. It tastes better I think.)
2 cups milk
4 tbs. honey
4 tsp. vanilla extract
jelly of choice

1) Combine peanut butter, yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla in a food processor or blender until smooth.

2) Pour mixture into popsicle molds, leaving 1/4 inch or so room on top for jelly. This depends on what size mold you have.



3) Microwave jelly, just until a little liquidy. (I didn't do this, but I bet it would help you mix it much better. I've done this with other recipes and it worked great.) Spoon 1 teaspoon jelly, (Use more, if you have a larger mold than I used.) on top of peanut butter mixture.



4) Use popsicle stick to swirl jelly into peanut butter mixture, then stand stick upright. (This didn't work so well for me because my jelly was too thick. This is why you should microwave it slightly.)



5) Freeze until solid, preferably overnight. Enjoy!!

This made 24 popsicles the size you see in the pictures.

Variations:

Add chopped up bananas instead of, or in addition to jelly, for a healthier treat.

Just have a plain ol' peanut butter popsicle. My husband likes them a lot this way. My favorite is with the jelly in it.

Try mixing in other ingredients and see what kind of flavor creations you can make.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Karin said...

If you don't have a popsicle mold, you might want to try using dixie cups. Not too much in it at a time (great for smaller kids) and easy to find.