Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Friday, October 10, 2008

Sate Meatballs



These meatballs are a great twist to the usual tomato-sauce covered meatballs. The Asian coconut and peanut butter sauce is so yummy. These would be a great appetizer for parties. You can keep these warm in a small crockpot and they can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, then easily reheated just before serving. We like to double them and serve as a main course. We serve them over rice, or as in the picture below, my husband decided to try serving them on egg noodles. It ended up looking like swedish meatballs, but it still tasted really good.

Sate Meatballs

For the meatballs:
1 lb lean ground Beef
1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs (1 slice of bread chopped in food processor)
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 egg, beaten

For the Sauce:
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice (can use lemon juice if you don't have any)
1 tablespoon fish sauce (I just use soy sauce instead)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, it can be spicy)

1)Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together all ingredients for meatballs.
Shape into approximately 32 meatballs.

2)Place meatballs on a baking pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.



3)While meatballs are cooking, cook onion in oil in a large skillet over medium heat until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in coconut milk and Peanut butter, mixing until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.

4)Add meatballs to sauce and gently stir to coat meatballs.
Cook 2-3 minutes more or until dish is heated through.


Here's where we served them over egg noodles. I prefer serving over rice better, but it was still good.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com/

No comments: