Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Friday, October 10, 2008

Parmesan Herb Focaccia



This was my first time making a focaccia and it turned out great. They are so expensive to buy at the stores and you can easily make it at home. This bread tastes a lot like ones I've had at italian restaraunts with dinner and served with olive oil and bread dip seasonings.

Parmesan Herb Focaccia

"Bread Machine Version"

Makes 2 Focaccias

1 1/3 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
4 teaspoons dried oregano (I used italian seasoning)
4 tsp. wheat gluten
3 teaspoons bread machine yeast

1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used dried, but I think fresh would taste better.)

1) Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting, and Start.

2) When the dough cycle is finished, divide the dough into two balls. Transfer the dough into two oiled, 8 inch, round cake pans. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray. Allow dough to rise until doubled in bulk. (For great results, preheat an oven to 125 deg. F. for one minute, then turn off. Allow dough to rise in oven.)



3) Remove plastic wrap and poke the dough all over with your finger, right to the bottom of the tin. Allow to rest for another five or ten minutes on counter. Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.



4) Pour olive oil over the top of the loaf, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) in center of oven for approximately 20 minutes, until golden. Slice into wedges.



Suggestions:
Try using this dough to make a pizza. Just top with sauce, cheese, and toppings and bake as usual. Try mixing up the cheese a little and use mozzarella or cheddar instead of the parmesan. You could also try mixing up the herbs or adding sundried tomatoes to make different flavors of the bread.

(I haven't personally tried these suggestions yet, but I plan on doing them next time. I'm sure it would turn out great though.)

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com/

No comments: