Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Friday, October 24, 2008

Pizza Dough - Homemade Pizzas


This is a large pepperoni pizza with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Yumm!

This dough is so yummy and easy to make. It yields 3 large pizza crusts and is way cheaper than going to your local pizza place and in my opinion, better. Although, I still don't think it beats Pizza Hut which is my all-time favorite. If I used all white flour instead of the white/wheat mix, I think it just might be close! I cooked up 3 pizzas just last night and put all the leftovers in the freezer for a quick dinner later on. This makes a crust that is crunchy on the outside and has a soft texture on the inside. This dough was really easy to work with too, unlike all the other store-bought pizza doughs I've gotten that are very hard to roll out. This was pretty easy.

Pizza Dough

"Bread Machine"

Makes 3 large pizza crusts

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cups warm water (110 deg. F)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
5 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 tsp. wheat gluten
2 ¼ tsp. active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS

1 ) Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press start.

2) Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into three equal pieces and form into rounds. Cover the rounds and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).



3) Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into the desired shape.


Rolling the pizza dough to fit a large pizza pan will yield a 1/2 in. thick crust.


Transfer the dough to the pizza pan and press with your fingers to push it out to the edges of the pan.

Cover it with your favorite toppings and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for about 20 minutes or until the crust and cheese are golden brown. (It took about 16 minutes for a large round pizza and 18 minutes for a pan pizza made in a lasagna pan.)

Tips: I lightly sprinkled my pizza pans with cornmeal so they didn't stick. I thought for sure that this dough would rise and run down the sides of my bread machine pan, but it didn't and I have a 2 lb. pan. This makes a lot of dough. You could also make a bunch of personal pizzas and have a pizza party!


This is a pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, and onion pan pizza. I cooked my veggies in a skillet with italian dressing and spices until soft and browned.


This is a pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, and onion large round pizza.

No comments: