Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Monday, September 29, 2008

Stuffed Green Peppers



I've never like stuffed green peppers and when I tried the original version of this recipe, I found it to really lack in flavor and sauce. So, I doctored it up and this is the new recipe. It is really tasty! Next time I make this, I might try just making the filling and not using peppers for a cheaper and quicker alternative.

Stuffed Green Peppers

6 green peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano (Can use a different flavor, but these taste really good.)
1 cup rice, cooked (make extra to serve with peppers)
2 tsp. House Seasoning (could use salt, pepper and garlic powder instead)

1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce

Slice tops off green peppers; take out seeds and membranes. Place peppers in enough boiling water to cover them in a pot and cook for 5 minutes. Cook onion in skillet on medium with some oil until browned. Add hamburger and cook until done. Drain off grease. Mix in remaining ingredients up to house seasoning and fill peppers until full. Put stuffed peppers in casserole dish.



Pour tomato sauce on top.



Cover and cook in 350 deg. F. oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook another 15 minutes. Serve over extra rice and pour remaining sauce on top.

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com/

No comments: