Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Raspberry Cheesecake Squares



This recipe was originally for plain cheesecake squares in an 8 X 8 pan, but I wanted to jazz it up and make a bigger batch, so I doubled it and added raspberry preserves to make this recipe. These are very moist and not too rich and oh so yummy! I just recently doubled this already large batch and stocked them in the freezer for a quick dessert.

Raspberry Cheesecake Squares

10 1/2 tbs. unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbs. milk
2 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup seeded raspberry preserves (You could easily use another flavor for a twist or you can omit altogether for plain cheesecake squares.)

1) Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Line a 13 X 9 in. dish with two criss-crossed rectangles of parchment paper (I just used one because it was big enough. DON'T use wax paper, it really sticks!), leaving a 2 inch overhang on all sides.

2) With an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Add flour, and mix until just combined; set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining dough into bottom and 1/4 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.



3) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Add egg, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix to combine.

4) Microwave preserves until it's liquidy (about 30 seconds or so) and spread on top of baked crust. Pour and spread filling on top of preserves and crust; crumble reserved dough on top. Bake until filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool slightly, then cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cuttting into squares.





5) The squares can be refrigerated, covered in plastic wrap, for up to two days. Freezes well.

Are you a good person?

How Do I Get Saved? / How Do I Know I Am Truly Saved?

No comments: