Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole - Great for the holidays or potlucks!



This casserole is so yummy and in my opinion, way better than the usual casserole topped with marshmallows at Thanksgiving. This is so good, you just might want to have it for dessert instead!

Sweet Potato Casserole

6 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (approximately 3 large potatoes)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, softened

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter, softened (do not melt)
1 cup finely chopped pecans

1) Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and 1/2 cup butter. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into greased 13X9 in. pan.

2) Combine brown sugar, flour, 1/3 cup butter, and pecans. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 deg. for 30 min.

Makes 8-10 servings.

3 comments:

Heather said...

YUM! this sounds so good, i think i'll make this next week. i am always looking for tasty ways to get the veggies in (not just for the kids but for me too!)

The Beshores said...

Try this cold with icecream. It's like dessert. Or, if you're really daring, have it slightly frozen! I'm gonna check out your blog girlie. How you feeling??

Heather said...

i made this l last night and it turned out great. the topping is the best!
as far as how i'm feeling....ugh. the morning (all-day) sickness is increasing daily. God is helping me though. It is milder than usual so more manageable. Thanks for your prayers.