Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oatmeal Nut Waffles

Move over Eggo! These waffles are easy to make and are way better than those frozen kinds in the store. These are hearty and would make a great breakfast with some eggs and OJ. I double these and keep them in a ziploc bag in the freezer for a quick breakfast. Just pop them in the toaster as usual.

Oatmeal Nut Waffles

1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tbs. honey
1 cup quick oats
1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer pecans.)

1) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In separate bowl beat eggs, milk, butter and honey; mix with dry ingredients. Fold in oats and nuts.

2) Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturers directions.

Makes 8-10 waffles.

No comments: