Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Thursday, July 10, 2008

New York's Finest Cheesecake

This is probably the best-tasting cheesecake I've ever had and it tastes so much better than any restaurant and costs a fraction of the price to make at home. It's very simple to make with items you probably already have in the house. It has a very smooth consistency and isn't overly sweet or rich. Just perfect!


New York's Finest Cheesecake

Bake: at 350 deg. for 50-60 min. Refrigerate: overnight.

Crumb Crust:
1 ½ c. graham cracker crumbs
¼ c. sugar
¼ c. unsalted butter, melted

Cheesecake:
3 pkg. (8oz. Each) cream cheese, at room temp.
1 ¼ c. sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 tsp. Fresh lemon juice

1) Preheat oven to 350*.

2) Prepare crust: Combine crumbs, sugar and butter in bowl. Scrape into 9-inch springform pan; press evenly over bottom and 1 in. up sides

3) Prepare cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed in large bowl until blended. Beat in eggs, vanilla and lemon juice until blended. Pour into prepared pan.

4) Bake in preheated 350* oven for 50-60 min. or until puffed and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate overnight.

Tips: I find the easiest and cheapest way to make graham cracker crumbs is to process them in a food processor or possibly a blender until you get fine crumbs.

You can make many variations of this cheesecake very easily. You can add canned cherry or other pie fillings to the top once the cheesecake is cooled. You can also add sliced fresh fruit as well, but use immediately. You can drizzle melted caramel, chocolate, and chopped pecans for a turtle cheesecake. You can also make an Oreo crust as well for a twist. Try swirling raspberry preserves into the batter once it's in the pan before you cook it. Be creative!

Are you a good person?

http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com
http://titus2wifeandmommy.blogspot.com

No comments: