Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by Recipes From The Heart Of Your Home. Don't forget to check out the Christian resources we have linked to on the left of the page. I am a Christian wife and mother, doing my best to take care of my family and be a good steward of the wonderful blessings God has given us. I enjoy cooking for my family and doing it unto God for His glory. I love to cook from scratch when it's affordable and not too time-consuming and I especially love to bake. Lots of family and friends ask for my recipes so I've decided to put them on a blog so they can get them or anyone else who wants them. I think you can make good quality, good tasting food at a fraction of the ready-made price and it doesn't have to break your budget. Please let me know how these recipes turn out. They're our family's favorites. I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. Enjoy and God bless!

Melissa

If you like my blog, subscribe on the left side of the page so you get automatic updates via email. Please check out our other website: A-typical Christianity is a blog by my husband and I on the Christian faith, current events, apologetics, and more at http://atypicalchristianity.blogspot.com/ .

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

White Chocolate Mixed Berry Cheesecake





This cheesecake is a twist off my basic New York Cheesecake that I make. I entered this in our church cake contest and won first place. This is probably my most favorite variation I've made. Perfect for spring!

White Chocolate Mixed Berry Cheesecake

Cookie Crust
1 ½ cups of crushed oreos including cream centers (easiest to do in food processor)

Mixed Berry sauce
2 cups of frozen mixed berries, thawed and pureed in the blender
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
½ cup water

Cheesecake
1 cup white chocolate chips
¼ cup half and half

3 (8oz) pkgs. Cream cheese, softened
1 ¼ cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Put crushed oreos in bottom of cheesecake pan and press evenly over bottom and up sides.
3) In a saucepan, combine berry puree, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and continue boiling for 5 minutes, or until sauce is thicker.
4) In microwave safe bowl, mix 1 cup white chocolate chips and half and half. Microwave 30 seconds, stir, and microwave 30 seconds more and stir until completely blended. Let cool.
5) Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed in large bowl until blended. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and half and half mixture. Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and stir well.
6) Pour half of cheesecake batter into pan. Spoon 3 tbs. of berry sauce on top and use a knife to swirl. Add the rest of cheesecake batter and spoon 3 more tbs. of berry sauce on top and use a knife to swirl. Save remaining sauce in the fridge for a topping.
7) Bake in oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until filling is set. Cool, and refrigerate in the fridge overnight. Serve with remaining berry sauce, fresh berries, white chocolate shavings, or whatever you like.

You could substitute blueberries or strawberries instead of the mixed berries.

2 comments:

Deborah Tukua said...

I used to say that I only like cheesecake, if its chocolate, but that was before I tasted this cheesecake. It is wonderful, moist and flavorfull!! I loved it!

The Beshores said...

Thanks Deborah! We just had the scraps of leftovers from the cake contest last night after dinner and boy, was it yummy! I had only tried a sliver of it the other day. This was a new variation of my regular NY recipe. I made this up and had never actually tasted it before I made it for the contest, so I was hoping it was good. Thanks for the fine judging!